Calligraphy & Handwriting Societies
- The Society of Scribes and Illuminators Well-established and respected calligraphy society and the Society for Italic handwriting’s parent organisation.
- The Calligraphy and Lettering Arts Society Also known as CLAS, the largest lettering society in the world. Publishes The Edge magazine, covering all aspects of calligraphy.
- The International Association of Master Penmen, Engrossers and Teachers of HandwritingAlso known as IAMPETH, an international association dedicated to practicing and preserving the arts of calligraphy and fine penmanship.
- Pen People A magazine designed for calligraphers of all levels. Has an envelope exchange scheme.
- The Writing Equipment Society The collection, study and use of writing equipment, old and new.
- Handwriting Repair
- Christopher Jarman
- Nicholas Caulkin (aka “nickthenibs”) Nick has over thirty years experience in the art of fine handwriting.
Suppliers of Pens, Papers & Materials
- Blots Pens and Ink SuppliesSpecialist mail order supplier of calligraphy sets and fountain pens, dip pens, inks, etc.
- The Writing Desk Fountain pen specialists with a wide range of inks, paper and other writing equipment.
- Penmandirect: Tel & Fax: 01772 784444 Email: email@example.com
Fountain Pen Repairs
- The Highlo Pen Museum Fountain pen repair and restoration service, spares and tools. Run by Arthur Twydle’s son Peter.
- The Pen Practice Restoration of vintage and classic fountain pens.
- The Pen Room Celebrates the Birmingham pen trade and the lives of manufacturers and workers.
- Help and Advice for Dyslexics and Dysgraphics
- The Edward Johnston Foundation - a research centre for calligraphy and the lettering arts
- The Irene Wellington Educational Trust - the advancement of the education of the public in the arts of calligraphy and fine lettering. Address: The Old High Street, Buckland Dinham, Frome, Somerset BA11 2QR